How to Make A Muscle Relaxing Essential Oil Blend
This unique blend may help relax, calm, and relieve tight, sore, tired, and aching muscles resulting from sports injuries, fatigue, or stress. It may also help to relieve headaches or charlie horses.
- 25 drops balsam fir
- 15 drops basil
- 10 drops marjoram
- 8 drops spruce
- 4 drops wintergreen
- Apply on location to muscles, neck, and feet, as an aid to relaxation.
- Dilute with a vegetable or massage oil for a body massage.
- You may be wondering just how this blend works, here are a few reasons why this blend may help with sore muscles.
- Balsam Fir contains d-limonene, a powerful antioxidant.
- Basil can be relaxing to smooth muscle and the involuntary muscles of the heart and digestive system.
- Marjoram has a calming effect on nerves and can help relieve spasms and bruises.
- Spruce helps bring about a feeling of grounding and balance.
- Wintergreen contains an active principle similar to cortisone and is beneficial for bone, muscle, and joint discomfort.*
You can also use a roller bottle for the essential oils blend above. Just roll the bottle after exercise on the painful muscle(s).
This recipe is from the Essential Oils Integrative Medical Guide
The most efficient and commonly used general-purpose essential oils for muscle pain are Marjoram and Peppermint followed by other essential oils such as Balsam Fir, Basil, Birch, Cypress, Ginger, Lavender, Lemongrass, Rosemary, Silver Fir, Spanish Sage, Vetiver, White Fir, and Wintergreen.
*These statements have not been reviewed by the FDA or a health professional. This information is for educational purposes only and as a guideline for your personal use. It should not be used as a substitute for medical counseling with a health professional.