Lavender Essential Oil Body Butter
This Lavender Essential Oils Body Butter is a perfect DIY gift, whether you’re looking for something for the holidays, Mother’s Day, birthdays, or “just because.” If you are on a mission to create really awesome homemade gifts with essential oils that people actually want.
Having a good homemade body butter recipe with essential oils is a much healthier option than the one you buy at your supermarket.
Made with natural ingredients, it’s super nourishing, easy to make, smells like heaven, and can easily be packaged into an awesome little gift for all your friends and family.
Of course, you can make it only for yourself that’s okay, too.
But when you flip the coin, you realize that it’s so easy to do that you want to share with your friends or your team, if you are an essential oils distributor. So, this makes also another perfect DIY recipe for a Make N Take class with essential oils.
This essential oils recipe uses nourishing fats and “butters” to help nourish, moisturize, and pamper dry winter skin.
The lavender essential oils give it a relaxing smell. Lavender oil is also well known for its antidepressant, antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antimicrobial properties. On top of that, Lavender essential oil also shows antispasmodic, analgesic, detoxifying, hypotensive, and sedative effects. Lavender is one of the most well-known and most used essential oil in aromatherapy.
- ¼ cup shea butter
- ¼ cup cocoa butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup jojoba oil
- 5-10 drops lavender essential oil(s)
- Gently melt all ingredients except jojoba (or other fatty oil) in a double boiler or in a crockpot on low.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly before placing in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and use hand or stand mixer to whip on high for approx. 10 minutes until the mixture is “fluffy.”
- Gently stir in essential oils of your choice, place into lidded jar(s) and set in the fridge for 10-15 minutes to set.