How to do a solid essential oil solid waxed pendant locket (that will smell for months)
Now you can start to make your own essential blend, customized to your fragrance preference, using pure essential oils and other natural ingredients.
Sure, you can use the scent pads that are coming with each locket. These pads hold the smell for 3 to 5 days, but eventually, you will have to pour more essential oil blend into it, and after a while, you will need to change the pad.
Instead, those awesome perfume lockets are completely original, and they make awesome gifts and great fashion accessories! Best of all, the mixture will last several months instead of several days. The recipe below will serve 3 to 5 lockets.
Of course, you can also use this idea during your next Make-N-Take session.
- Time: 25 minutes active
- Difficulty: EasyPrint
- Servings: Yield=3–5 lockets
- 3–4 drops Vitamin E Oil
- 90–120 drops essential oil
- 1 Tbsp. Beeswax Pellets
- 3 Tbsp. Jojoba Oil
- 3–5 lockets, depending on size
- Blend the right amount of essential oils (blending recipes here)
- Combine Beeswax and Jojoba Oil in a beaker.
- Start by pouring about 2 inches of water in the saucepan, and place the beaker in the saucepan.
- Put the saucepan on a stove, and turn the burner on to medium heat. Do not overheat.
- Thaw the Beeswax and Jojoba Oil until the mixture is completely liquid. You will need to stir occasionally.
- Gently remove the beaker from the stove, pour in and stir the Vitamin E Oil and the essential oils blend that you have previously done.
- Immediately pour the mixture into the lockets, and set the lockets aside on a perfectly horizontal place to cool and solidify.
- Do not wait for more than 5 mn otherwise the mixture will start solidifying into the beaker.
Note: if you are using one of TheEssentialTools’ diffusing lockets, you will need to remove the scent pads before pouring in the liquid blend. The liquid will solidify directly into the locket.
Once the liquid blend has cooled completely, your perfume locket is ready to use! Rub your finger across the solid perfume, and then apply the perfume to your neck or wrists.
If you don’t want to put the perfume in lockets, you can pour it into our small salve jars instead.