How to Clean Your Essential Oil Diffuser
So, you received your Young Living Premium Starter Kit a couple of months ago, and you have extensively used your diffuser.
You have tried different singles, some blends and you even made up your own blends…
Good for you…
But now, when you diffuse, you snell a strange combination of scents?
Have cleaned it yet?
- Unplug your diffuser and let it dry before starting to clean it
- Use a soft cloth to Wipe out the inside of the diffuser, including the lid
- Clean the sensor with a rubbing alcohol-soaked cotton swab
- If your diffuser seems to have a lot of essential oil buildup, fill it with rubbing alcohol or white vinegar as high as the water line and let it soak overnight
- Empty it, rinse it, and dry it with a soft cloth
- Soak the plastic diffuser top directly in rubbing alcohol, as needed, to remove buildup. If your diffuser has a wooden top, do not soak this in alcohol. Simply wipe it clean with a moistened soft cloth.
- Avoid using any other chemicals/cleaners for your diffuser.
- Be sure to keep the body of your diffuser and all of its buttons dry. Never immerse the outer body of your diffuser in any liquid.
It’s also highly advised that you perform a cleaning cycle on your diffuser once a month if you use your diffuser daily.
To do a cleaning cycle:
- Fill your diffuser with water, considerably below the fill line. Add a teaspoon of pure white vinegar. (The vinegar helps remove the oils trapped in the diffuser).
- Plug in your diffuser and let it run for up to five minutes.
- Empty the basin, then rinse it with clean water.
- Refill the diffuser with water (no vinegar) and run the diffuser for two minutes.
- Empty the basin, then dry out the diffuser with a clean cloth.
- Enjoy diffusing your favorite Essential Oils!