10 Essential Oils for Yoga & Meditation
It’s been known for centuries: Yoga and meditation are a great way to enhance and diffuse stress for the body, mind, and spirit. Meditation can guide us to connect more intensely with the world. Both around and within us. We now know that yoga & meditation have many health benefits, both physically and mentally. But in our busy world, who has time for meditation and yoga. Unfortunately, the everyday life’s distractions can make a meditation habit challenging.
No worries, here are some essential oils that will be helpful in establishing that habit.
Scents have been an important part of rituals and meditations for a long time in every culture around the world. Egyptians used it heavily, the Bible talks about it heavily, it, essential oils have been used to fight the great scourge of the middle ages and French, with their centuries of practices, have been a fertile ground for many American firms to start again using them. Because we live in a fast-paced, screen aged and distracted society, we need to to use all the support we can get to bring awareness to the present moment and remember to breathe and be still at times.
- You can place some oils on yourself (try the third eye).
- You can create a mist and spray the fragrance in the air, or
- You can use a cold-air diffuser.
- You can wear a jewelry diffuser during meditation.
- You can also combine all or parts of all the methods above
If you are just beginning to incorporate essential oils into your practice, or already do so, try out one of these 10 essential oils in your yoga or meditation session.
- Frankincense – This oil is believed to help you increase your faith and connection with spirit as you meditate.With comforting properties that help focus the mind & overcome stress and despair, it is the holy anointing oil in the Middle East, where it has been used in religious ceremonies for centuries.
- Orange – This oil may help to keep you alert and focused. Orange Essential Oil increases conversation, stimulates prana energy & lifts depression.
- Sandalwood -This oil is very grounding helpful in healing, particularly emotional/spiritual wounds. It opens the heart and helps to trust. You can use Sandalwood Essential Oil to spray the air of your yoga practice space to create a clean & motivationally atmosphere.*
- Sage – Burning sage is a common ceremonial practice in many cultures. It cleanses and purifies, removing negative energies. It is grounding and restores both balance and energy.
- Lavender – Such a calming oil that will help to get you relax and focus inward during your yoga and meditation practice. Spray Lavender Essential Oil over your face & Crown Chakra for a restorative end of practice meditation or Savasana.
- Copaiba – Copaiba is a potent essential oil from Brazil with a history of soothing properties. Traditionally used to aid digestion & support the body’s natural response to injury or irritation. It has the highest amount of beta caryophyllene of any E.O. & supports overall wellness. Aligns the human & spiritual mind, by connecting the 3rd Eye & Crown Chakras.
- Neroli – The fragrance of Neroli can help with self-acceptance and can also inspire creativity
- Rose – The fragrance of love-opens the heart to receive love, particularly self-love.
- Ginger– Ginger has a warm, spicy fragrance that is energizing. Supportive of the digestive system, ginger is commonly used to soothe, comfort, & balance digestive discomfort. Ginger brings a sense of grounding to the earth during yoga.
- Cypress: Cypress is comforting during the winter season. Its fresh, herbaceous, slightly evergreen aroma is refreshing & restores feelings of security & stability. Cypress is also beneficial for oily or troubled skin. Use it to soothe sore muscles after a yoga session.
Which essential oils do you already use in your practice and which of the above would you like to try? Make sure to check out the link above to connect with TheEssentialTools.Com.
FL057 “YOGA & ESSENTIAL OILS CHART” Flyer
Don’t let your friends in the dark, this Essential Oils for Yoga Information flyer help you spread the word about Essential Oils and is specially designed with YL distributors in mind.
FL057 Essential Oils & Yoga Educational Handout
Description: “FL057 Essential Oils & Yoga” Educational Handout
- For shipping in the USA only
- NO SHIPPING IN CANADA/MEXICO
- 50 Flyers: $6.00 + Shipping $3.99
- 70 Flyers: $7.70 + Shipping $4.99
- 200 Flyers: $19 + Shipping $7.99
- 600 Flyers: $54 + $8.99 shipping
Price: Depending on QTY (see above)
Specs: 5.5×8.5; 100# Gloss Text with Aqueous Coating